Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 404 Page Not Found Conflict with Elementor

404 Page Not Found Conflict with Elementor

Posted: October 21, 2019 at 2:03 pm

spencechapin

October 21, 2019 at 2:03 pm

I’m using Elementor 2.7.4 and whenever EE4 is active, any pages that have paginated results and use the Elementor Posts plugin, have an issue loading. For example, without EE4 active, the URL for the second page of news results would look like /news/2 (which works as expected). With EE4 active, /news/2 redirects to /news/2/page/2 which shows a 404 page.

The news page does not have an EE4 shortcode on it so it’s a completely unrelated page.

Is there a settings to change this behavior or maybe a hook? I don’t have a problem writing custom code if need be.

Josh

• Support Staff

October 21, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Hi,

I’m afraid I’ve not run across this before. May I ask where do I download the Elementor Posts plugin so we can investigate further?

spencechapin

October 24, 2019 at 11:22 am

It’s a pro plugin. It looks like they’re using ‘page’ or ‘paged’ query parameters and for some reason I guess EE4 is hijacking the page. Is there a way to tell EE4 to skip the page using a filter?

Josh

• Support Staff

October 24, 2019 at 1:20 pm

We’d need to know exactly what to skip. I’m not sure why a “page” or “paged” query would be affected by Event Espresso. This doesn’t happen with standard WordPress paged request. Is there a way I can download the plugin in question? Maybe you could upload the file somewhere (like Dropbox) and include a link to the download in a private reply.

Then we can investigate further.

Josh

• Support Staff

February 24, 2020 at 2:53 pm

Update:

We were able to get a copy of Elementor Pro and found where its posts pagination conflicts with Event Espresso.

You can add this filter function to disable the method EE uses to ensure its event list shortcode output gets paginated:

add_filter(
  'FHEE__EE_CPT_Strategy___set_paging',
  '__return_false'
);

You can add the above to a functions plugin or, if available, into your WordPress child theme’s functions.php file.

The support post ‘404 Page Not Found Conflict with Elementor’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso