Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 404 Page Error

404 Page Error

Posted: April 22, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Dan Rositano

April 22, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I have setup my events and when I go to “view event” I get a 404 error. Could it be possible that it would related to the plugin not recognizing my site license key? I have been trying to upgrade EE but the update won’t work and the message states that I have an invalid key. Although, when I go to your site to copy and paste the key it matches?

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

April 22, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Hi Dan,

Try go to WP-admin –> Settings –> Permalinks and saving your existing settings.

I’ll also go ahead and reset your support license for you.

Lorenzo

Dan Rositano

April 23, 2014 at 6:21 am

Lorenzo,

I went to permalinks and re-saved but no luck. I updated my license and and now its telling me ” Your current membership level does not allow automatic upgrades on more than one domain”. This is a multisite setup.

Dan

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

April 23, 2014 at 10:08 am

Hi Dan,

Are any of the Event Espresso pages working? Also what version are you running?

Lorenzo

Dan Rositano

April 23, 2014 at 11:57 am

No, none are working at the momement. We are running 3.1.31.1.

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

April 23, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Hi Dan,

That version is old but before backing up and updating, I recommend checking your Event Espresso pages.

WP-admin –> Event Espresso –> General Settings. Then scroll down to the pages area.

There are 4 WordPress pages with shortcodes on them. Please ensure that these pages have the correct shortcodes and that they are published:

http://cl.ly/image/0V470F0O1o3G

Note: your pages do not need to exactly match those above but the page that is selected should have the correct shortcode.

Also check to ensure that there aren’t duplicates of the shortcodes. Searching for Espresso in the WordPress pages search should return all pages using an Event Espresso shortcode.

Lorenzo

Dan Rositano

April 23, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Lorenzo,

I believe this has been resolved. I had an issue with the WordPress 3.9 upgrade and Multisite. I had to make changes to the .htaccess file which I believe was the cause of the 404 redirects. Once I fixed that they links started working. Thanks for your assistance.

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

April 23, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Hi Dan,

We have some others members that are running multisite. Could you share a bit more information on what change you made?

Lorenzo

Dan Rositano

April 23, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Sure,

I did exactly what the directions stated in this article and it solved my issue: http://www.webhostinghero.com/wp-multisite-stuck-in-redirect-loop/

Dan

Dean

April 24, 2014 at 12:21 am

It’s good to know you resolved it, and thanks for sharing the solution!

The support post ‘404 Page Error’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso