Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 404 Error when trying to edit an event

404 Error when trying to edit an event

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 10:18 pm

Brett Hendrix

May 21, 2017 at 10:18 pm

Version EE4
As I am trying to edit an event I am getting a 404 Page Not Found Error. I had this problem once before and through several trial and errors with your team, it ended up being a plugin issue.

Now I am not sure why it is back, outside of the Event Espresso plugins, I only have a few other plugins active, no new ones since the last fix. I’ve deactivated Event Espresso with no change. I have even deleted it and reinstalled with no change. I’ve gone to setting->permalinks to refresh with no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Tony

• Support Staff

May 22, 2017 at 5:44 am

Hi Brett,

Is the 404 message shown when trying to edit the event in the admin or when you try to view it from the front end?

Brett Hendrix

May 22, 2017 at 6:17 am

It occurs after I’ve made an edit, click publish or update and the page refreshes.

Tony

• Support Staff

May 22, 2017 at 8:37 am

It may not have been a plugin issue originally, the other plugin may have been another symptom of the cause rather than the cause itself.

However your previous thread is regarding an Error 500 being thrown, that’s different from a 404.

It also looks like the code used to increase the memory limit is incorrect, and it appears your hacking up WP core, ‘default-contants.php’ to be exact, to edit the PHP memory limit? You don’t need to do that and it you update WordPress you’ll lose the modification you made.

In-fact that may well be the issue now if you have recently updated WP to 4.7.5

To update the memory limit open up wp-config.php within your sites root directory.

Then place:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

Within that file, above the line that has /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Here is an example of this on one of my test sites – http://take.ms/7RnZB

That is the correct, ‘update safe’ way to increase your memory limit.

Brett Hendrix

May 22, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Thank you for the clarification of updating the memory. I’ve followed your direction in the last comment without adding additional editing. I am still getting the 404 error.

Josh

• Support Staff

May 22, 2017 at 6:49 pm

Hi Brett,

Can you check the server’s error logs or activate WP_DEBUG to capture what’s causing the 404 error?

Brett Hendrix

May 22, 2017 at 7:36 pm

Josh,
I’m not an expert and my be over my head.
Here’s the link to the log of what I got: ** link redacted **

Josh

• Support Staff

May 22, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Hi Brett,

The link you posted goes to a log in screen because I’d need to be logged into your hosting account to be able to see it. Please do not post any account information here.

Instead, you can repeat the action that leads to the 404 error happening, then immediately check your server’s error log. Then you can copy the newly generated error code and post the substance of the error message here.

The support post ‘404 Error when trying to edit an event’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso