Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 3 decimal sales tax

3 decimal sales tax

Posted: January 4, 2021 at 3:25 pm

pawmedia

January 4, 2021 at 3:25 pm

I’m assuming that EE still isn’t capable of dealing with a 3 decimal sales tax (unless you configure all prices to display with 3 decimals – which isn’t a solution).

Is there any easy way to hide the rounded up sales tax number from the price column on the checkout page?

Tony

• Support Staff

January 6, 2021 at 8:41 am

Hi there,

Wouldn’t that then confuse users paying X amount when the page displayed Y?

Can you add a screenshot of the section you are referring to, please?

https://eventespresso.com/wiki/troubleshooting-checklist/#screenshots

pawmedia

January 6, 2021 at 6:25 pm

I’m talking about removing just the “6.63%” from the price column as seen in this screen cap.

checkout

If that’s not possible, can you provide an update on the 3 decimal sales tax issue as it’s a pretty major 6+ year old flaw. 🙁

Tony

• Support Staff

January 7, 2021 at 5:25 am

I’m talking about removing just the “6.63%” from the price column as seen in this screen cap.

Simplest method is to hide that using some CSS:

#item-sub-item-tax-total td:nth-of-type(2) {
    visibility: hidden;
}

If that’s not possible, can you provide an update on the 3 decimal sales tax issue as it’s a pretty major 6+ year old flaw.

Not currently but it is on our radar, I can’t give you an ETA but it is something we are looking into.

pawmedia

January 7, 2021 at 7:05 am

Is there any way to do this without also losing the cell borders as seen in this cap? We’ve received a ton of feedback from customers about how the checkout table is already confusing and we would like to make sure it doesn’t look like something is broken.

Tony

• Support Staff

January 7, 2021 at 3:40 pm

Hmm, so the only other way I can think of here is to use some jQuery rather than just simple CSS.

Using the code from your other thread, you can add something like this:

jQuery('#item-sub-item-tax-total td:nth-of-type(2)').empty();

Right between line line 10 and 11.

pawmedia

January 7, 2021 at 4:48 pm

Perfect. Thanks!

Tony

• Support Staff

January 7, 2021 at 6:25 pm

You’re most welcome.

The support post ‘3 decimal sales tax’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso