Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 3.1.34.1.P broke our site

3.1.34.1.P broke our site

Posted: August 16, 2013 at 12:33 am

Ola Haldor Voll

August 16, 2013 at 12:33 am

I installed version 3.1.34.1.P because it appeared in the admin panel as a new update. I blindly trust it works, but this update broke the content area of the admin panel.

We are basically not able to either read nor edit anything within the content text box. Nor does the toolbar appear above the text box. Switching between visual and text modes does nothing.

So I started disabling all plugins and such, and ended up with Event Espresso. It’s not theme specific, as I went back and forth between the installed theme and the default twentythirteen theme.
Is it possible to download an older – and working – version?

Ola Haldor Voll

August 16, 2013 at 12:44 am

You know what, this is embarrassing. Looks like someone was working on the site at the same time as me, and had activated the plugins again by the time I got into the posts/pages editor. I gotta investigate some more.

Dean

August 16, 2013 at 1:52 am

Hey Ola,

3.1.34.1.P was a minor point update, so if you were updating from 3.1.34 it should not be an issue. If it was an update form a much older version then yes sometimes there can be problems due to old template files, etc.

Please let us know how your inquiries go and if you need further assistance.

Ola Haldor Voll

August 16, 2013 at 2:51 am

I’m sorry I jumped the gun. Someone was reactivating plugins at the same time as I was deactivating them.

Turns out it was an old version of Symple Shortcodes which generated this problem. The version I had installed was 1.1, while the newest version is 1.4.. I’ve been too spoiled with plugins auto-updating in the admin panel, so I didn’t know there was a new version available.

I went to the website and downloaded v1.4. But in order to install the new version I had to activate a theme that does not rely on Symple Shortcodes, then deactivate and uninstall the plugin, before I installed v1.4, and then reactivated the theme we use.

All is good now.

Dean

August 16, 2013 at 3:45 am

Hey,

No problem, glad you got it fixed!

The support post ‘3.1.34.1.P broke our site’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso