Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 3.1.29.1 – event filter issue

3.1.29.1 – event filter issue

Posted: December 7, 2012 at 8:54 am

ndaniel

December 7, 2012 at 8:54 am

This morning I updated to 3.1.29.1.
When I attempt to view or edit events, for some reason the earliest event I can see is 5 days out. This is preventing editing of upcoming events.
I have attempted to filter in a variety of ways.
Please advise.

Cheers,
Bill

Josh

• Support Staff

December 7, 2012 at 9:13 am

Hi there,
Which version of Event Espresso did you update from?
Roughly how many events are in the system?

ndaniel

December 7, 2012 at 9:56 am

Hi Josh,
we have 1,089 events in the system.
The upgrade was from 3.1.28.x (last one, don’t remember exactly…)
The upcoming events display and allow registration without issue, I just can’t pull them up to modify them…

ndaniel

December 7, 2012 at 9:57 am

I can set up a webex with you if it helps – just let me know.

ndaniel

December 7, 2012 at 10:23 am

If I use the “Today” filter, today’s show.
If I filter a category that has less than 50 events, they show
If I filter a category that has more than 50 events, it seems I’m missing some in the results.

I created a new event for today. I put it in a smaller category and it shows. I change that event to a larger quantity category and it is again missing from the results list.

I have done a SQL comparison of the wp_events_detail records between 2 events – 1 that the 12th that shows and one for the 7th that does not show – and there are no discrepancies. Given that and the event for the 7th shows on the “Today’s” events filter, it seems there is an issue resulting from the way the filtering is being applied for the 50 row limit. There are a few challenges with applying changes to the row limit I’ll open a different thread for.

Aside from this issue, the performance is great in the new admin screens.
Cheers,
Bill

Josh

• Support Staff

December 7, 2012 at 11:50 am

Hi Bill,

We’ve created a ticket in our issue tracker and it has been assigned to a developer. I’ll add your notes to the ticket.

ndaniel

December 7, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Thanks Josh. For now, I can work around the issue with the option of editing the event using the “Edit Event” button option when logged in to WordPress.

The support post ‘3.1.29.1 – event filter issue’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso