Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium Update on License Key Issues and fix

Update on License Key Issues and fix

Posted: November 21, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Darren Ethier

November 21, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Hi folks, we have now tested a fix that we believe will resolve the incorrect “invalid license key” messages that have been plaguing our users for the last few weeks. Here are some instructions to apply the fix and resolve the issues.

NOTE: These instructions ONLY apply if you been getting messages in your WordPress install indicating that your license key is invalid and/or can only be used on one domain and you know you are only using it on one domain and it IS in fact, valid.

There are three options:

Option One (for users comfortable with FTP’ing to update their site)

1. Download the new pue-client.php file here
  2. Upload the new file to your event espresso installation on your server and replace the one in event-espresso/class/pue/.
  3. Request a key reset (via your EventEspresso.com profile page)
  4. Resave your general options page of Event Espresso (with your license key set)
  5. Update using the Automatic Update feature via your WordPress plugins page.

Option Two (for users not comfortable with FTP’ing to update their site)

1. If you are getting an invalid license key message, Request a reset (via your EventEspresso.com profile page)
  2. Resave your Event Espresso general options page.
  3. Update Event Espresso and any other addons indicating updates available (via your WordPress plugins page).
  4. You will most likely need ONE more key reset when the next version is released b/c you didn’t get the updated pue-client.php file until the update you just did. When this happens you’ll need one more license key reset and then it should work fine from that point forward.

Option Three

1. Download Event Espresso 3.1.28.5 from your Account page.
  2. Deactivate and delete Event Espresso on your Plugins page.
  3. Install Event Espresso 3.1.28.5 via the Add New Plugin upload tool.
  4. Activate Event Espresso.
  5. Request a site-license-key reset from your account page. Once the key has been reset,
  6. Save your General Options page with your key present.

As you can see, option one requires less license key resets but feel free to use which option works best for you. Once again, having a valid license key saved in your Event Espresso General options is ONLY necessary to receive automatic updates and to validate your domain for support. It does NOT affect any other functionality of your Event Espresso installation.

Also, while we roll out this fix, payment for resets is NOT required. When you click the “Request Reset” button in your profile, fill out the form, click the submit and then when you see the screen with the payment options just close the window, we’ll still get your reset request

Thanks for your patience with us as we’ve worked on a fix for this. We hope that this fix finally resolves any remaining license key issues. You can take a look at what other changes have been made in this update in our changelog.

• This topic was modified 11 years, 5 months ago by  Josh.

bins

November 22, 2012 at 2:08 am

Delete – didn’t read the whole post!

• This reply was modified 11 years, 5 months ago by  bins. Reason: Delete - didn't read the whole post!

Chris Hardcastle

November 22, 2012 at 7:41 pm

I am also thinking that you should extend the usage license for everyone who has been affected by this aggravating issue. I think 6 months extensions would be fair.

smartie_pants

November 23, 2012 at 9:57 am

Isn’t there a less “messy” way to do this? Attempted to reset my key and the cart tried to charge me $10. I abandoned the cart as instructed.

Jim Felder

November 23, 2012 at 10:21 am

I didn’t read the last note and paid the $10. OOPS!

Jonathan Wilson

November 23, 2012 at 12:58 pm

@smartie_pants Unfortunately, there isn’t a “less messy” way to reset the keys.

We have corrected the problem in 3.1.28.5. Once we’ve reset it, it shouldn’t be happening anymore. I have reset your license key. Please remove the key from the field in your settings, save, then reenter the key and save again.

mkleine

November 24, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I requested a reset over a week ago and nothings happened?

goneilbell

November 25, 2012 at 2:43 am

I’m having this problem too, I try to reset and I’m going to be billed $10 – can you please reset this key ASAP.

bins

November 26, 2012 at 9:23 am

I made a request and cancelled before paying – I read somewhere that the request was passed over, but no change of key, as yet!

Jonathan Wilson

November 26, 2012 at 9:53 am

@mkleine
@goneilbell
@bins,

I am sorry for the delay in responding. Your license keys have been reset. Please remove them from the field, save, reenter, then save again.

Let me know if you have anymore issues.

wbatson

November 26, 2012 at 11:07 am

Worked like a charm!! Thanks for not giving up on this issue.

Jonathan Wilson

November 26, 2012 at 1:39 pm

@wbatson, Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it. Have a great day!

Deborah Carlson

November 27, 2012 at 1:24 am

My first impression of Event Espresso is not good. Just a few weeks after I had it you release a version that required it to be uninstalled to roll back and now this license key issue… already this plugin is looking like it is in the “too hard basket” requiring constant monitoring to insure it actually works…. and you extend the sale for CyberMonday which I’ve upgraded just a few weeks ago.. 🙁 unhappy new customer… not impressed with the usability or taking care of existing customers. I’ll be looking for another solution that is more stable and easy to teach a VA… Because now I have to personally get involved in troubleshooting again something that should have been done. Taking me away from other urgent tasks.

bins

November 27, 2012 at 2:52 am

Jonathan,

my key looks the same!! I have reset and re-entered it, though, and no luck!

Paul

Bassem Khouzam

November 27, 2012 at 7:30 am

I requested a reset couple of days ago and didn’t receive any feedback.

Josh

• Support Staff

November 27, 2012 at 10:59 am

Hi Deborah,

I am sorry for all of the trouble. Can you start up a new thread and let us know about the issues you are having? We will gladly help you get those sorted.

Josh

• Support Staff

November 27, 2012 at 11:01 am

Hi bins,

The key will be the same set of numbers after the reset. Can you start up a new thread and let us know what issues you are having?

Josh

• Support Staff

November 27, 2012 at 11:04 am

Hi Bassem,

When a request to reset comes in, we will reset it. Do you need another reset? If so, please request another reset and we’ll reset it. You’ll know it’s been reset when there isn’t an active domain listed below the key.

Bassem Khouzam

November 27, 2012 at 11:07 am

Hi josh,

I can still see my domain in my profile account page, would you please reset it.

Josh

• Support Staff

November 27, 2012 at 11:14 am

Hi Bassem, It’s been reset. Please remove, save, and enter the key again.

Bassem Khouzam

November 27, 2012 at 11:24 am

Thanks Josh, it worked.

cbonetti

November 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I need a reset for both the main license and members add-on. Though, if it’s the main I need, please reset so that I may upgrade.

Thanks

Jennifer Field

November 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I requested a reset 2 days ago, too, and haven’t heard back yet.

Jonathan Wilson

November 27, 2012 at 12:57 pm

cbonetti and Jennifer Field,

Sorry for the delay. I have reset your license keys. Please remove the key from the field in your settings, save, then reenter the key and save again.

S J Nowers

November 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Have I missed something important? The fix requires two license key resets, and the system wants to charge me $10 for each reset. Really?? Is there a ‘Oops, our bad, click here to fix without paying’ link somewhere that I’ve missed?

Bazil Grumble

November 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to have the key reset? I’ve noticed some people have waited a couple of days?

Dean

November 28, 2012 at 12:59 am

@ S J Nowers as mentioned on the original post

when you see the screen with the payment options just close the window, we’ll still get your reset request

I have reset your key for you.

@Bazil we try to answer forum posts within 24-48 hours if possible but holidays and weekends can interfere with that. I have rest your licence as well.

Please make sure you follow the guide in this threads original post, it is there to fix the issue.

Thank you everyone for having patience with us on this, it has been frustrating for us as well, and we are very happy that a fix is in place going forward.

Chris

November 28, 2012 at 1:47 am

Please reset our license key again:

There is an automatic update for Espresso Ticketing available but your Site License Key has not been set. Please go to the Event Espresso General Settings page to set your Site License Key for this addon.

Dean

November 28, 2012 at 2:48 am

@chris done.

Signderstand LLC

November 28, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Hi, I’ve been checking back for about a week for a license key reset after requesting a few times. Maybe you’re not getting the messages after all for those who back out of the payment request? Can you please reset mine too? Thanks
Carolyn Valdivieso, Signderstand LLC

Dean

November 28, 2012 at 11:27 pm

@signderstand done

Alice Manning

November 29, 2012 at 7:43 am

I wish I had read this before I paid the $10, too.

Signderstand LLC

November 29, 2012 at 9:30 am

Thanks for license key update. The license key warning on the top of my WP plugins page is no longer displaying. However, I am now trying to update the member add-on and am getting a similar license key problem message specific to the update for that add on. It says:

“There is a new version of Espresso Members available. View What’s New with version 1.9.5.1. You need a valid Site License Key to enable automatic upgrades. Your current membership level does not allow automatic upgrades on more than one domain. Please log into your account to manage your Site License Keys or purchase a support license now.”

please let me know if there is a fix for this. I think i need the latest update to use the member pricing along with multi event registration. Thank you.

Josh

• Support Staff

November 29, 2012 at 11:21 am

Hi Signerstand LLC,

It’s expected that you may need to get a second key reset after the pue-client update. So I will go ahead and reset the key for you right now.

Ban Hup

November 30, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Hi Jonathan,

I followed the instructions – deleted the old key set then saved general options page, got the key reset, replaced the pue-client.php via FTP, re-entered the new key set and saved – but I still get this message:

There is an automatic update for Event Espresso available but your Site License Key has not been set. Please go to the Event Espresso General Settings page to set your Site License Key. You can locate your license key from your account on the Event Espresso website.

What should I do next? I notice that at my profile page at your website, it says that my license key is Not Active even after the saved reset.

Thanks.

Banhup

Ban Hup

November 30, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Jonathan,

Please ignore the previous message…I got it to work after a few more tries re-saving the General Options page. Strange but IT life is such. 😉

Thanks.

Banhup

Brett Golding

December 1, 2012 at 6:49 am

I’ve requested a reset.

Accross The Lake Swim

December 2, 2012 at 2:08 pm

OK I am getting this message, but I have no: event-espresso/class/pue/ pue folder. Here is my error message in plugins,by the way I am only using it on one site??: There is a new version of Espresso Calendar available. View What’s New with version 2.0.4. You need a valid Site License Key to enable automatic upgrades. Your current membership level does not allow automatic upgrades on more than one domain. Please log into your account to manage your Site License Keys or purchase a support license now.

Melody Jewitt

December 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I need a key reset please.

3.1.28.5 — Update on License Key

Dean

December 2, 2012 at 11:31 pm

@Brett, @stephanie, @Melody – I have reset your licences.

Douglas Nelson

December 3, 2012 at 6:58 am

I didn’t read that you need to abandon the cart and paid $10 multiple times I believe. My key is still not reset what is going on?

Dean

December 3, 2012 at 7:50 am

@Douglas – licence has been reset. We only received one notification, but I will speak to sales to look into it.

Julie Gilbert

December 3, 2012 at 9:42 am

My account still has not been reset after 2 requests. Please help asap!! I agree with an extension on our usage licenses! Seems only fair for the aggrivation and extended delay…

nswartz

December 3, 2012 at 10:58 am

Apparently attempting to use an unused license key does not work either.

I agree with Chris – you need to extend the licensees because of all the trouble this is causing with our client.

nswartz

December 3, 2012 at 11:07 am

Tried another unused license key again and it looks like it worked but now there are two license keys for the same domain.

Ross Rhizal

December 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I requested a license reset and now the one I had is inactive but I haven’t received a new one.

Dean

December 4, 2012 at 1:34 am

@julie – have you followed the appropriate options here? https://eventespresso.com/topic/3-1-28-5-update-on-license-key-issues-and-fix/ If not please do so. I have also reset your licence. If it isn’t working still please let me know and I can (with your permission and details) log into your site and fix it.

@nswartz – you do not have any licence keys attached on your account. However, if you swap a licence key over for some reason it will not mark two licence keys as in use, just one.

Rich O

December 5, 2012 at 2:12 pm

please reset my license key asap. where will i receive the new license key?

Josh

• Support Staff

December 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Hi Richard,

Your key has been reset. The actual license key number stays the same, but it is no longer tied to your site. Please see the instructions that are on the first post of this thread:
https://eventespresso.com/topic/3-1-28-5-update-on-license-key-issues-and-fix/

Ken Hair

December 7, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I’m receiving the following error: “license key is invalid and/or can only be used on one domain”. I followed the instructions to reset the license key but there’s no way of knowing if you received the request. Please reset my license and email the new one to me. Thanks.

Bill D’Agostino

December 9, 2012 at 6:21 am

Please reset my license key. I also paid for another year on Cyber Monday but the expiration date for my license has not been extended.

Thanks.

Dean

December 9, 2012 at 11:29 pm

@Ken, Hi, we cannot reset your licence as it is not active on your site. Have you added the key to your Event Espresso > General Settings licence key box (bottom of that page)?

@bill I have reset your licence key and sent a message to sales regarding your licence period issue

markal

December 10, 2012 at 9:10 am

I’ve tried requesting twice and nothing happened. Please reset my license key.

markal

December 10, 2012 at 10:11 am

I guess I posted a few minutes too soon…all is right now!

jburling

December 12, 2012 at 10:12 am

This may be an issue but in no way is it messy. It’s very easy to sort out. I’m just awaiting my license key reset, will I be notified when this has been changed?

Troy

December 12, 2012 at 11:05 am

I choose option 1 to fix but get this error on step 5:

An error occurred while updating Event Espresso: Update package not available. Please advise.

Josh

• Support Staff

December 12, 2012 at 11:57 am

@jburling, I case you didn’t receive a notification, your key has been reset.

@Troy, can you try updating again? If it doesn’t work, can you let us know a few details about your environment? Are there older versions of Event Espresso still installed on the server? Also, is this a single site or a multi site WordPress installation?

mpurse

December 12, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Requested reset, its in pending state.

Thanks

jburling

December 13, 2012 at 2:25 am

Hi, I have entered the new key (which looks exactly the same?) but I now get this message.

There is an automatic update for Event Espresso available but your Site License Key has not been set. Please go to the Event Espresso General Settings page to set your Site License Key. You can locate your license key from your account on the Event Espresso website.

Please advise.

Dean

December 13, 2012 at 2:39 am

@jburling I have gone ahead and reset the licence again, can you resave your general settings and see if the error goes. Have you followed the guidelines set out in this post (the original post)?

jburling

December 13, 2012 at 3:07 am

Hi Dean,

Thankyou for resetting it. This time is showed it was not active, which was not the case when you first reset it.

Yes I followed the guidelines, they are hardly difficult.

You need to add into your guidelines to remove the key from the event espresso options and hit save options first. Then enter the new key otherwise it will not work.

Many Thanks

Dean

December 13, 2012 at 3:37 am

No problem, let me know if the issue persists.

Joe Faletra

December 13, 2012 at 11:50 am

I am still having license issues. I get the following error:

“You have the correct Site License Key for Event Espresso but your current membership access only allows for automatic upgrades on one domain. Please log into your account to manage your Site License Keys or purchase a support license now.”

The ONLY domain I use the product on is http://www.jtffirearms.com

I tried removing the license, saving, then adding the licenses and saving but that doesn’t work.

Joe Faletra

December 13, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I tried the above process one more time and now I get a different error:

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Plugin Event Espresso (1/2)
An error occurred while updating Event Espresso: Update package not available..

Updating Plugin Event Espresso – Ticketing (2/2)
An error occurred while updating Event Espresso – Ticketing: Update package not available..

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

Josh

• Support Staff

December 13, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Hi Joe,

We reset your key, can you try again?

Joe Faletra

December 13, 2012 at 3:38 pm

@josh – I deleted the license and clicked save. Then I put it back in and clicked save. I tried to update to the latest version (I am on 3.1.28.1.P) I received the following error:

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Updating Plugin Event Espresso (1/1)

Mark

December 14, 2012 at 11:49 am

@Deborah Carlson

I can understand your frustration. As a long time customer however I will say that there is nothing that compares to Event Espresso in terms or a great product and customer service. I agree there have been a few bumps these past few months but this is no indication of the how things are on a day-to-day basis. For anyone wondering, you will not be disappointing with EE. Awesome, awesome, awesome product.

Noga Brienes

December 15, 2012 at 8:09 am

Hi, Requested a reset and still waiting for it. I’m having problems with the plugin – I get error messages all over the place and pray the upgrade will work. Can you step up the new key? Thanks. Noga.

KLPyoga

December 15, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Just in case it doesn’t make its way through, I just requested a reset in order to correct this bug. Thanks!

Noga Brienes

December 15, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Got it, thanks!

foden

December 17, 2012 at 1:23 pm

How long is it supposed to take to get the reset? Still says “Pending.”

Jonathan Wilson

December 17, 2012 at 5:44 pm

@klpyoga
@foden

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have reset your license key. Please remove the key from the field in your settings, save, then reenter the key and save again.

Joe Faletra

December 18, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Hey guys I still need an answer for this issue. This is a problem since this site is how I make my living:

@josh – I deleted the license and clicked save. Then I put it back in and clicked save. I tried to update to the latest version (I am on 3.1.28.1.P) I received the following error:
Updating Plugin Event Espresso (1/1)

Jonathan Wilson

December 18, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Joe,

May we log into the site so we can investigate further? If so, please send WordPress admin level log in credentials via the contact form on this page: https://eventespresso.com/contact/

Please select the I am sending login info as requested department form.

Vinnie

December 18, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I’ve requested license reset, can you please take care of this asap. Thank you.

Josh

• Support Staff

December 18, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Hi Vinicius,

Your key has been reset.

Joe Faletra

December 19, 2012 at 5:50 am

@jonathan Wilson

Detail sent. Thanks

Jonathan Wilson

December 19, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Hi Joe,

Just wanted to post an update here. After resetting your license key, I logged into your WP dashboard, removed the key from Event Espresso>General Settings, and saved. I then entered the key and saved again. The plugins are now showing there are updates available. You shouldn’t have anymore issues with updating.

Let us know if you do.

Joe Faletra

December 19, 2012 at 9:04 pm

@jonathan I updated and everything seems to work fine. I’d like to know what was done so I can document it in case it happens again. Well done.

Joe

Josh

• Support Staff

December 20, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Hi Joe,

Jonathan reset your key from your account page, then he logged into your WP dashboard, removed the key from Event Espresso>General Settings, and saved. Then he entered the key from your account page and saved again.

Joe Faletra

December 21, 2012 at 7:03 pm

@josh & Jonathan

Now this is getting even more strange. The calendar works in IE but not Chrome. Any ideas as to what causes this? I highly doubt that it’s part of the license issue.

This is starting to wear me thin. If this happens at every update there is no way I can use the product. Please help.

Joe

Vinnie

December 22, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Can you please reset our key one more time. Sorry, our site was just upgraded which caused it to revert back to pre-fix of this license key issue.

Thanks,
Vinnie

LAEF4kids

December 24, 2012 at 10:02 am

I tried submitting a reset for my license key and it’s saying I need to pay $10.00
Can you please reset my license key?

Thanks!

Vinnie

December 24, 2012 at 11:33 am

Hi,

I followed the steps above to remove , reset, and readd license, but i am stil having the issue where I cannot do automatic updates. Any other suggestions?

I was able to do this the first time, but our wp-content folder was updated with a new site and now its not working.

Thanks

Josh

• Support Staff

December 24, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Hi LAEF4kids,

The keys have either been reset.

Hi Vinnie,

I looked at the spreadsheet document that listed all your active Event Espresso plugins, and there is only one plugin that is not up to date, the Groupon add-on. In this case, you can manually update the Groupon add-on by deactivating it, then delete it. Then you can download the new version from your account page Then you can install from the WordPress plugin installer.

If you’d prefer to use the automatic update, you’ll need to deactivate the Groupon add-on, log into the site via FTP and rename the espresso-groupon folder in wp-content/plugins to espresso-groupons, then reactivate. After you reactivate, you’ll receive an auto update notification for the groupon add-on.

Point 7 Sports

December 28, 2012 at 7:45 am

I can’t find the download? Can anyone email me this version so I can fix over the holidays? http://www.Point7.co.uk

Dean

December 28, 2012 at 8:14 am

@Point 7 Sports – to which download are you referring?

Point 7 Sports

December 30, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I have just updated my subscription and I am trying to download the latest version to install on my site. I have version Version 3.1.15.P and we have some issues. When I click the link to download the current version of Event Espresso is 3.1.29.1 it takes me to an account page with no downloads listed? I seemed to have missed a few updates so a bit rusty!

Dean

December 30, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Hi,

I am really sorry about that not sure what happened. I have changed your account so the downloads now show.

Point 7 Sports

December 31, 2012 at 12:09 am

Thank you, I thought it was me.

Happy New Year.

Point 7 Sports

December 31, 2012 at 2:57 am

Sorry to be a pain, but I have lost a number of features because it says I need to upgrade? I can’t see how to activate or link to my subscription!

Josh

• Support Staff

December 31, 2012 at 10:55 am

Hi there,

I’m sorry for the trouble. Which features are you missing? What are you trying to do when it says you need to upgrade?

I noticed that there wasn’t a support license key for your account, and I’ve added that back in. The key is for activating the auto update feature. Please note that you’ll need to manually update to the current version of Event Espresso in order to use the auto update feature.

Point 7 Sports

January 1, 2013 at 6:27 am

Hi Josh,

I have manually installed Version 3.1.29.1.L and I have now been restricted to only two groups of questions and the Captcha has gone?

Regards
Paul

Point 7 Sports

January 1, 2013 at 10:17 am

Hi Josh,

Sorted most issues, I downloaded it again. This time it included the license key. I just cant seem to get Captcha to work again?

Regards
Paul

Point 7 Sports

January 1, 2013 at 11:14 am

P.S. Also I have an issue now that it won’t go through with PayPal payments, its just asking for a credit card even though I don’t have that as an option.

Dean

January 1, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Hi,

First off, if possible can you start new topics in new threads (ideally a thread per topic) as it allows us to manage theme easier and doesnt clog up other threads.

Regarding your questions, in what way is the reCaptcha not working? Have you re-entered your reCaptcha api key? I tested your site and the reCaptcha seemed to work just fine.

Regarding the PayPal it looks like you have PayPal Pro enabled which is an onsite payment gateway that takes credit cards. If you want the standard PayPal where users log into their PayPal account you will need to make sure the standard PayPal gateway is selected in the Payment Settings options.

Point 7 Sports

January 2, 2013 at 12:43 am

Hi Dean,

Yes I will do. So for this thread the issue with the license key is resolved so thanks.

Randy

January 7, 2013 at 7:20 am

I’ve read through this post and all the comments that have been added but I don’t see an answer to the question about being charged any money to request a reset of our key. should I expect to be charged a fee for doing this reset? I have FTP’d the file up to my site and now I’m in my profile ready to request a reset and it wants to charge me a fee. I am going to be charged? If I am why am I being charged? If not, how do I bypass the step that wants to charge me?

thanks for any help in clarifying this.

Randy

January 7, 2013 at 7:25 am

Sorry for my last post….I just now found the note that said to just close the payment page. I’ll wait for the reset to occur. Will i be notified that it has been reset?

Josh

• Support Staff

January 7, 2013 at 11:46 am

Hi Randy,

There should be an email notification sent when the key gets reset. If you didn’t get one, you can check the spam folder.

mreid

January 21, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I am just now getting to this. I opted for option 3 and clicked the reset button but then was redirected to the home page, so not sure if it went through. I guess I’ll find out :0)

BTW, very weird things happening with your site today.

Josh

• Support Staff

January 21, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Hi mreid,

I does not look like your reset request went through. They’ve been working on the site today and that may have affected the reset request system.

I’ve reset the key for your account, so you can continue on option 3.

S J Nowers

January 21, 2013 at 11:53 pm

The invalid license key message is annoying, but does it cause EE to not work properly. Is it worth the time to go through this fix?

Seth Shoultes

• Support Staff

January 21, 2013 at 11:57 pm

The license key does not cripple the functionality of Event Espresso. It just makes it so that one-click updates don’t work. What version are you using?

mreid

January 22, 2013 at 8:08 am

Thank you Josh,

Is the number supposed to change? Because mine didn’t.

Josh

• Support Staff

January 22, 2013 at 11:03 am

Hi mreid,

The number is supposed to stay the same. When we reset the license key, it removes the site URL from the account record.

The support post ‘Update on License Key Issues and fix’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso