Support

Home Forums Events Calendar Add-on 2022 calendar embed not working in WordPress

2022 calendar embed not working in WordPress

Posted: January 4, 2022 at 6:30 am

Barry

January 4, 2022 at 6:30 am

As of January 1, 2022, the event calendar no long shows as an embedded calendar on our page. Nothing about the EE setup has been modified since the last event was created about a month ago, and we had people successfully registering up through 12/31. It would seem this had to do with change of the calendar year, and we have registration dates throughout 2022 that were apparent on the calendar until we notice its absence yesterday. Other plugins work so I am at a loss.

Thanks for any help you might offer!

Barry

January 4, 2022 at 1:52 pm

An update to this post: it seems that another plugin, EmbedPlus (a tool to allow a static image to be displayed when a YouTube Live stream is not active) is interfering with the calendar plugin. The calendar-display problem can recurringly be created and solved by alternately turning on or off this plugin. I will enter a query at their support site.

Barry

January 4, 2022 at 2:47 pm

Matter solved; final update for those who may have experienced an issue where activating EmbedPlusPro caused the Calendar plugin by EventEspresso to fail.

EmbedPlusPro offers a setting, Performance > Defer Javascript that is intended to allow faster page loading, deferring the javascript loading. When enabled (not default), it appears to apply globally rather than only to pages in which their widget is called, and it appears that the EE Calendar plugin doesn’t jive with javascript deferral on page load (tested in Safari and Chrome browsers). Such deferral isn’t necessary, so I disabled that setting and the matter was resolved.

Tony

• Support Staff

January 5, 2022 at 4:09 am

Hi Barry,

Thank you for posting up your findings and I’m glad you found the problem 🙂

Many of the ‘Defer JavaScript’ options available through various plugins can cause issues like this, especially when the option is used sitewide. A lot of plugins have an exclusion feature for specific scripts to work around issues like this but if one isn’t available it needs to be disabled as you mentioned.

Anyway, enough rambling from me, I’m glad you got it working.

The support post ‘2022 calendar embed not working in WordPress’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso