Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 2020 error: linking with Quickbooks Merchant Account

2020 error: linking with Quickbooks Merchant Account

Posted: March 27, 2015 at 12:26 am

Stefanie Goldstein

March 27, 2015 at 12:26 am

I am having a terrible time trying to make my Event Espresso WordPress software link up to our Merchant Account with Quickbooks.
We have created an API and successfully received a connection ticket in the production mode and when input into our Event Espresso account payment area, we continually get this message:
2020: Session Authentication required
What can I do to make this work. We are trying to let people enroll in a class that is starting very soon.
I’ve doublechecked all my settings: production, no spaces when copying connection ticket number, etc.

Dean

March 27, 2015 at 2:58 am

Hi,

I think what is happening is that Login Security was set when creating the connection. You will need to create a new connection where Login Security is set to No.

Stefanie Goldstein

March 27, 2015 at 3:40 am

I’m not sure where that option is .. I don’t see it in my Intuit API. Can you help?
Much appreciated.

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

March 27, 2015 at 5:50 am

Hi, could you try making this change when linking your connection ticket in step 4?

https://developer.intuit.com/docs/030_qbms/0030_get_set_up/4._get_a_connection_ticket

Lorenzo

Stefanie Goldstein

March 27, 2015 at 11:56 am

Hi, Lorenzo,
I did that and removed ptc from the url – https://merchantaccount.ptc.quickbooks.com – and put in the id, etc.
Then I logged out and tried to pay again and got a 2040 message:
Transaction Failed
2040: Authorization Error
There was an error in the transaction process, try again. Event logged.
I need to get this working today as we have classes that need registration for next week. Help? ๐Ÿ™‚

Tony

• Support Staff

March 30, 2015 at 6:02 am

Hi Stefanie,

This error:

2020: Session Authentication required

Is returned when ‘Login Security’ was set to Yes when creating the connection ticket. Creating a connection ticket from the link @lorenzo provided disables that option, so using:

https://merchantaccount.ptc.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection?appid=YourAppID&sessionEnabled=false

This part &sessionEnabled=false’ disables that option when creating the ticket.

So it looks like that’s fixed and now you are getting this error:

2040: Authorization Error

So now you are using the production server (created a ticket without .ptc in the url) do you have a Production account or only one created with .PTC?

Stefanie Goldstein

March 31, 2015 at 11:29 pm

No I was using the url without the .ptc.
The result was that we decided against using Quickbooks. They don’t play well with Event Espresso and they will tell you, when you call, that they don’t support it.
We’ve moved to another payment gateway.

Tony

• Support Staff

April 1, 2015 at 3:22 am

Strange, we have a testing account with QuickBooks and don’t have any issues when using that and EE3.

When they say they don’t support it I’m assuming they mean because its not their own integration they don’t offer support for it?

I saw your other thread here that you switched gateways, I’m glad that gateway works for you ๐Ÿ™‚

The support post ‘2020 error: linking with Quickbooks Merchant Account’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso