Support

Home Forums Events Calendar Add-on 2-day event with different start/end times

2-day event with different start/end times

Posted: August 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm

kreyns

August 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I am new to event espresso and can’t figure out how to setup a 2-day event with different start/end times. Example: Saturday from 12:30 to 6:30 pm + Sunday from 9am to 5pm.
I want the event to show over both days in the calendar-view. This support post gives me a partial solution:
https://eventespresso.com/topic/recurring-events-help-needed/#post-11267
When I use the Saturday event for registration, it can announce the total price for 2 days. Good. But it also announces a star/end time which is only valid for Saturday… and very different from the times on Sunday. I sort of tried solving this issue by specifying the timedifference in the description, but I end up with an event looking like this which is just asking for trouble:
http://www.traditionmassage.com/wordpress/tous-nos-cours/event-registration/?ee=15

Any suggestions???

Chris Reynolds

• Support Staff

August 27, 2012 at 5:51 pm

My first suggestion would be to do something along the lines of what Josh suggested in that post: create 2 events — one for Saturday, one for Sunday, with the correct times set for each — then set the Sunday event to have an alternate registration URL of the event for Saturday.

You can also create a single event that spans 2 days and modify your registration_page_display.php and event_list_display.php to remove the event dates/times from the template.

The first solution is probably the best option.

kreyns

August 27, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Hmmm, I have to think about which solution to go for. Must say I’m a bit disillusioned… I’m sorry, I didn’t expect this from a top notch event manager. But I’m sure we’ll manage to have it look cleaN and cleaR in the end.

Chris Reynolds

• Support Staff

August 28, 2012 at 11:37 am

FWIW, I believe this functionality (one event, two separate days) will be integrated into 3.2 when it’s done.

The support post ‘2-day event with different start/end times’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso