Support

Home Forums Pre-Sales 2 checkout options possible

2 checkout options possible

Posted: April 2, 2016 at 9:08 am

Dev

April 2, 2016 at 9:08 am

Hi there,

Is it possible to configure event espresso so that the user has two checkout options from their basket. 1 – register and pay, or 2 – just pay?

Regards

Tony

• Support Staff

April 4, 2016 at 3:16 am

Hi Fred,

Currently that option is not included within Event Espresso.

Right now you can set an event to be member only and force all users to log in before registering, or automatically create a user account from the information provided within the registration form.

I would be possible for a developer to add a ‘step’ into the registration process that provides that option but it would require custom development.

Dev

April 4, 2016 at 4:50 am

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your advice. It could well work to get a developer. Do you know how I could go about finding someone suitable?

Cheers

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

April 4, 2016 at 5:29 am

Hi Fred,

We have Event Espresso professionals that you can reach out to here:

https://eventespresso.com/developers/event-espresso-pros/

I do want to mention that a registrant with a status of approved will be counted as a registrant/attendee for your event.

If the event is free, then this happens right after they share their information in registration checkout. If the event is paid, then this happens right after they share their registration information and pay for the event.

Lorenzo

Dev

April 6, 2016 at 4:46 am

Thanks, Lorenzo. I’ll check out the link.

Dev

April 12, 2016 at 9:31 am

I wonder, is it possible to find out if Event Espresso is correctly configured on our site http://www.osholeela.uk ? It was set up by a friend, who thinks it’s fine, but people are experiencing it as not so user-friendly.

You select an event, then you need to register. All good. But after registration the event you want to check out has disappeared and you need to look for it again, book and pay! It’s not user friendly. Does anyone have a moment to take a look and advise if we have something wrong?

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

April 12, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Hi Fred, could you rephrase what is happening here?

But after registration the event you want to check out has disappeared and you need to look for it again, book and pay! It’s not user friendly.

Are you registering for the event and then it disappears so you cannot pay? The payment process should occur right after the registrant/attendee enters their contact details including any custom questions that you may have created.

Lorenzo

Dev

April 13, 2016 at 10:34 am

Hi Lorenzo,

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I’ll try and walk you through what happens, step by step…

* I go to an event page, say https://osholeela.uk/?espresso_events=osho-neo-reiki-first-degree-shoden for example.
* I enter 1 place in the drop down menu and then click Register Now
* At the page that open I click to register for an account
* At this page I enter my details, username, password etc and click Register at the bottom
* The next screen tells me that I’ve registered OK. BUT… I’m not logged in and I don’t know where the event I wanted to book for has gone!

Has our web-guy configured something wrong, do you think?

Thanks for your help

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

April 13, 2016 at 11:03 am

Hi, I see what you are referring to and I think that is happening as that registration page appears to be from another plugin so you are registering there and it doesn’t route you back to event page.

Are all events member-only? If not, you might consider allowing Event Espresso to create accounts during registration checkout so a registrant/attendee would register normally on their initial registration and then receive login information for use for future events.

Lorenzo

Dev

April 15, 2016 at 3:32 am

Hi Lorenzo,

Many thanks for your help. No, events don’t have to be member only and it would be fine if Event Espresso created an account during registration checkout and later confirm their login information. How could we go about setting that up? Is there a guide online perhaps?

Thanks

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

April 15, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Hello,

In that case, try these changes:

1) Login to your WP dashboard

2) Go to Event Espresso –> Registration Form and then click on User Integration settings

3) Look for the first option and set that to no and save:

http://cl.ly/2c3K1M292Y39

4) Go to Event Espresso –> Events

5) Click-through on one of your events and this will take you to the event editor. Then look in the bottom right area of the event editor for the user integration settings and change the settings to not require a login to register and then create a new user on registration:

http://cl.ly/2K0y0u2v2d21

If you have any new questions about using Event Espresso that have not already been asked here, then please login to your account that has a support license and post a new support post.

Thanks!

Lorenzo

Dev

April 21, 2016 at 10:42 am

Thanks for your help, Lorenzo. Hopefully our web guy, Shivan, will be in touch if he needs help. cheers

The support post ‘2 checkout options possible’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso