Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium (13) error. Authorize.net

(13) error. Authorize.net

Posted: August 12, 2016 at 1:20 pm

CPTncoll

August 12, 2016 at 1:20 pm

I have read the other posts, but nothing has helped.
We are live, not in DEBUG mode, and the payments are being processed by authorize.net; but I’ve had incognito testers register for our event and they are getting all the way to the authorize.net entry screen, then once you hit process payment, it goes to a screen with (13) The merchant login ID or password in invalid or the account is inactive.
The URL for the error code is https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll. In the log the note is: the response from Athorize.net could not be defined. Help please. We are live with 10 events scheduled!!

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

August 12, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Hello,

Could you double-check the credentials that are in use for Authorizenet?

https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A415&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1471030136750

You may also want to try regenerating the transaction key and updating that in Event Espresso.

Lorenzo

CPTncoll

August 15, 2016 at 7:57 am

Thank you. We are waiting for the person who can regenerate the key to return from vacation. We also suspect this might have to do with adding/working on the SSL component. Do you have a known issue when someone updates aspects of the security key that it then snowballs to effect transactions? I apologize, as I am not the technical person. Thanks

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

August 15, 2016 at 8:53 am

Hello,

An SSL certificate is added to your website’s server.

A merchant account for accepting payments such as one with Authorize.net can be used across multiple websites.

For example, you could use the merchant account for an online store (e.g. myexamplestore.com) and then on an event site (e.g. myfunevents.com).

According to the error message and the explanation of a 13 error code from Authorizenet, there is an issue with the credentials that are in use.

Lorenzo

Tony

• Support Staff

August 15, 2016 at 8:56 am

Hi there,

Can you link me to an event I can run a quick test registration on please?

We also suspect this might have to do with adding/working on the SSL component. Do you have a known issue when someone updates aspects of the security key that it then snowballs to effect transactions?

Its possible if the SSL cert is not setup correctly, we can usually see this is when testing the registration.

Did you previous have registrations working and then added SSL, at which point they stopped?

CPTncoll

August 15, 2016 at 9:05 am

Hi Tony: yes, we were doing fine up to August 6, then it started glitching.

Test event: https://www.cardinalpath.com/training/location/chicago-nov-14-16/

Thank you!!

Tony

• Support Staff

August 15, 2016 at 9:11 am

yes, we were doing fine up to August 6, then it started glitching.

But did you add SSL on that date or was it already in place?

CPTncoll

August 15, 2016 at 9:17 am

I believe it was not in place until we started looking into why our site was so slow, and wanted to put the re-directs in, and provided our dev company with our SSL access. So highly probably this is the cause.

CPTncoll

August 15, 2016 at 9:35 am

Any luck testing the registration? Thanks

CPTncoll

August 15, 2016 at 9:48 am

Getting this error now:
Fix the error “This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources”

I am escalating this to the developer. I’d still like to see your response though as this may not be the issue. Thanks

Tony

• Support Staff

August 15, 2016 at 9:57 am

Fix the error “This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources”

That happens when not all scripts are loading over HTTP, its not the cause of the problem but should be fixed. Your developer should be able to do, we recommend using the ‘Really Simply SSL plugin on our documentation here:

https://eventespresso.com/wiki/espresso-sslhttps/

The problem does appear to be an issue with the account rather than HTTPS on your site. With Auth.net SIM you are directed to Auth.net’s server and that is where the problem is shown, not on yours.

I’d recommend working through the support document Lorenzo linked you to confirm with auth.net that the account is enabled.

CPTncoll

August 15, 2016 at 10:11 am

OK – crazy. We are going to have to re-set to a point before it all went to Hades.
Authorize.net has a ticket open for me, but no progress yet. Well, guess I’ll start looking for a new job. Thanks for helping as much as you could.

Tony

• Support Staff

August 15, 2016 at 10:32 am

If it were me I’d get the account checked before reverting the site, you don’t know for sure its an issue with the site yet (it doesn’t appear to be either).

If you revert and it still doesn’t work you in the same situation having lost data.

I’d recommend you confirm with Auth.net that the account is fully working first. Do you have a sadnbox account for auth.net?

CPTncoll

August 15, 2016 at 10:43 am

Thanks Tony. I will wait for authorize.net to respond. Yes, we do have a sandbox and were using it while we migrated the site.
The confusing issue is that the payments are going through, but somewhere along the line, the registrants then gets the (13) error, and then a notification that their payment has failed. But the payments are going through. So everything should be working fine. We had those pesky “timeout” errors coming up for awhile but they disappeared and now it’s the (13) error. sigh

CPTncoll

August 15, 2016 at 11:21 am

Just wanted to let you know that we found a solution, however its not perfect. But want to post it for any others who might have this issue. Our developers removed the SSL, and everything seems to be working again.

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

August 15, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Hello,

We recommend using an SSL certificate for all of our payment options that process payments so removing it should not be needed.

Are you using Authorizenet SIM which is off-site or Authorizenet AIM which is on-site?

The reason I ask is the error code comes directly from Authorizenet and an error code 13 means there is an issue with the credentials that are in use.

If you were previously using SIM, then I would restore the SSL certificate and go with Authorizenet AIM which is on-site.

Lorenzo

The support post ‘(13) error. Authorize.net’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso