Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 1 Event is not working

1 Event is not working

Posted: September 23, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Nicki Vasquez

September 23, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Hi,

All my events are working except for this one:
http://www.gulfshoreopera.org/events/mikado-gilbert-sullivan-march-5-6-2014/

I have set them all up the same and double checked all my settings. When you click on purchase…the page loads and then takes you no where….any suggestions? I’m starting to get complaint calls from customers….

Nicki Vasquez

September 23, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Update….it must have to do with the Event name? or something because both Mikado Opera events are not working…I have no idea why!!

redacted

if you want to take a look on the backend…

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

September 23, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Hi,

These are public forums. Please change your password.

The event has special characters in it including a comma and a pipe. Several payment gateways will not process with these characters in the event name.

Try removing them and saving changes.

Lorenzo

Nicki Vasquez

September 23, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I changed my password…but it’s so hard in forums to wait for a response I didn’t want anything hindering me fixing this asap. I did what you said and took out the comma an pipe – but the event is still not working. Any other ideas? And also any place I can send my password securely so you can take a look?

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

September 23, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Could you provide an updated link for that event?

Lorenzo

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

September 23, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Before we go further, please backup your WordPress site and update to the current software.

You can deactivate and delete your Event Espresso software from WordPress admin –> Plugins.

Then go to your Event Espresso account page and download your software for EE4:

https://eventespresso.com/users/nickiwebergmail-com/#ee4-downloads

You can then upload the zip files through WordPress plugins.

Let us know when your site has been updated.

Lorenzo

Nicki Vasquez

September 23, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Ok, new urls are:

http://www.gulfshoreopera.org/events/mikado56/
http://www.gulfshoreopera.org/events/mikadocharlotte/

Do I have to delete all the addons for event espresso or just the core to update? I’m backing up my site now…it’s just taking a while to download…Let me know if I can just do the core-reg or if I have to delete ALL of event espresso…thanks!

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

September 23, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Please remove Event Espresso and the existing add-ons. Then download the latest and install through WordPress plugins.

Lorenzo

Nicki Vasquez

September 23, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Ok Lorenzo….I deleted and reinstalled the all of event espresso and it still does not work for the above urls. I need to fix this as soon as possible. If you need my login, please tell me where to send it securely…

Thanks, Nicki

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

September 23, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Hi there,

Could you please create a temporary WordPress admin login so we can take a closer look at this issue?

Please share that temporary login through the secure link below:

https://eventespresso.com/send-login-details/

To prevent delays in troubleshooting, be sure to double check your information on the form before submitting.

The submit button for the form appears at the end of the form.

Again, please ensure that the temporary login works.

Thank you.

Lorenzo

Nicki Vasquez

September 24, 2014 at 7:44 am

Ok, sent my details your way…let me know what you find out!Thank you

Tony

• Support Staff

September 24, 2014 at 11:33 am

Hi Nicki,

Your site is currently running WordPress HTTPS in Debug Mode but not actually enabling SSL. Do you have an SSL certificate installed?

Can you try disabling the WordPress HTTPS plugin and retry a registration, does the ticket selector then work?

This could also be a plugin or theme conflict, can you try switching to a default theme such as TwentyFourteen (you can do this without effecting the sites visior using a plugin such as Theme Test Drive which allows you to change the theme for site admins but not visitors)

There are a couple more troubleshooting steps involving disabling all plugins but try the above first and see if that narrows this down any.

Nicki Vasquez

September 24, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I have tried the 2014 theme…still not working. Also tried disabling the HTTPS plugin and still no go.. I only have the HTTPS enabled on my checkout pages, and yes the security certificate is installed. I’m assuming it works because when you are on a checkout page, I get a lock by my url – so I’m hopping the SSL is actually enabled. What makes you think that it’s not enabled?

I also deleted all the plugins I’m not using and then disabled what was left of them all one by one to see if it is a plugin conflict and those 2 events are still not working. Can you please just look a little deeper into the site? I have had nasty phone calls from customers for 2 days now and need to fix this asap… Thank you for your time!

Tony

• Support Staff

September 24, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Thank you.

Can you please just look a little deeper into the site?

I’ve already looked through your site and can not see anything obvious to cause this, so needed to try and narrow this down.

When creating these events did you publish these without first providing an event name, then added one afterwards? If so you would have seen an error message similar to this – http://take.ms/3Fqvp

If you then edit the event and provide a title, the error message will be removed, but the event is not correctly set up.

Does that error message look familiar?

Nicki Vasquez

September 24, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Well, that doesn’t look familiar… but is there a way to refresh the whole event maybe? How can we tell if it’s still not set up right? I just think it would have been weird if I set up 2 events that happen to be the same Mikado (at different venues) and wouldn’t have added a title, but I really can’t remember..

Tony

• Support Staff

September 24, 2014 at 2:28 pm

The event would need to be re-created.

The same details could be used, the event slug would be slightly different but can be modified to match the current one once the original events is removed.

However I can’t find any cause for this and can not reproduce it, it’s a very strange issue. I’d like to investigate this further but would rather not make changes to your live site. Would you be ok with me creating a clone of the site and running some tests on there?

This would involve installing a plugin such as Duplicator to clone the site so I can install this locally and troubleshoot further.

This would help rule out server configuration issues and allow us to dig deeper into the DB.

Nicki Vasquez

September 25, 2014 at 8:05 am

Ok, well I’m glad I’m not crazy…I would appreciate you taking a deeper look – and by all means feel free to copy the site! I would rather that than trying anything weird on the live one 🙂 Let me know what you find out, if it’s something I did – I don’t want to replicate it in the future! Thanks

Tony

• Support Staff

September 25, 2014 at 11:27 am

Hi Nicki,

The events all work without issue both locally on my machine and on a test server which means its like be something to do with the server.

Can you open a ticket with your host to see if they run any server level caching, if they do, request it be disabled on your site and the current cached be cleared.

Also I notice you’ve secure your checkout pages, but not your wp-admin. You’ll need to do this for Event Espresso events to work correctly in Firefox and IE and the connection from the checkout page to the admin is unsecured, Firefox and IE will both ignore it.

You can do this by enabling ‘Force SSL Administration’ within WP HTTPS.

Nicki Vasquez

September 25, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Hi Tony,

I have called GoDaddy…there is no server side caching on my server. Any other ideas?

Nicki Vasquez

September 25, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Ok, still on the phone with GoDaddy…they said those two pages are being stopped because of “base 64 coding”(possibly malicious) that is being detected on the redirect files on those 2 pages. How can I find out which files are being used on the redirect? Do you know how I might go about fixing this…?

Tony

• Support Staff

September 25, 2014 at 12:39 pm

We base64 encode the URL’s for various reasons, none of which is malicious. (Although its hard to identify Malicious and Non-Malicious)

I’m going to need to refer to one of our developers for feedback on this as it is not something I was expecting. Did they offer the option to disable whatever it is that is blocking the URL’s? Even if just so we can confirm that is in fact the issue.

Josh

• Support Staff

September 25, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Hi Nicki,

If the site can be moved to a hosting platform other than Godaddy, this would also fix the issue you’re seeing.

Nicki Vasquez

September 25, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Well, GoDaddy does not allow base64 because of security reasons they said. And it’s security software that is protecting the whole server, not just me-so they can’t take it off my account. Why would the base64 code be fine on all my pages except those 2? It’s so weird. I really don’t want to move hosting to another provider because it would be so work intensive to move everything and I really don’t have the time. Is there any other option?

Josh

• Support Staff

September 25, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Hi Nicki,

What Godaddy isn’t taking consideration is there are valid uses of base64 encoding. It turns out we use base64 encoding to make the registration process more secure.

You can ask Godaddy why their blocking of base64 encoding works only part of the time. My guess is it’s a random check and if something gets flagged, they kill the request.

You might also ask Godaddy if they move the site to one of their other servers where they don’t do the base64 encoding check.

The support post ‘1 Event is not working’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso