Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 1 event, 3 groupes, 3 different prices according by date, 2 different supplement

1 event, 3 groupes, 3 different prices according by date, 2 different supplement

Posted: July 19, 2013 at 8:22 am

asmmotosport

July 19, 2013 at 8:22 am

Hi everyone, can anybody tell me if its possible?
i have one event, its a motorcycle track day, exemple july 24th
in that event, there is 3 groups of 30 people, greens, yellows, reds.
Last minute price for everyone is : 180$
4 to 9 days prior to event : 165$
10 + days prior to event : 150$
if you are not a member you have to purchase the membership card, for one day its 25$, for the year is 45$
Is that possible?
I have purchased the business license and downloaded all add ons…
Thanks for your help!

asmmotosport

July 19, 2013 at 9:20 am

do i have to create 3 events (one for each groups) or is there another way to do it..

Garth

• Support Staff

July 22, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Hi,

How are you going to restrict people to have the membership before they can purchase? That is generally done with a separate membership plugin. You could use the WP Users Integration (https://eventespresso.com/product/espresso-members/) add-on to limit event registration to users who are registered with your website but it will not manage paying for your membership.

You will have to manage the Early bird price and dates to match your changes by prices as the events get closer.

It doesn’t look like you have different prices for the different groups, or am I missing something?

asmmotosport

July 22, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Hi!
Sorry my english is not perfect, im trying to understand what you mean. I tried adding the membership card as a supplement, but it was difficult to manage prices for people who are already members, as it was charging them the supplement too.
I think restricting them would be the best right? but can i make them pay for membership? I would have to enter all people who are already registered and who already bought membership or i could send them a voucher code… I already added wp users integration. The early birds will have to be ajusted by me when its supposed to change? what about my 3 groups, do i have to create one event for each? exemple : july 24th greens, july 24th yellow, july 24th red…
The prices are the same for the groups, they just change with dates… basically its motorcycle track days, they all attend same even, just in different groups.
Thanks for helping me out, ive done some tests but its in french …
http://www.asmmotosport.ca/dev/calendrier-evenements/

im a bit lost espresso is HUGE!!!
thanks for your help i appreciate!

Garth

• Support Staff

July 22, 2013 at 3:30 pm

You will have to manage the membership (access to an account on your website), separate from Event Espresso by using a different plugin (s2member, wish list member, etc.).

With Event Espresso it would be easiest if you restricted registration access to members-only, so you’ll have to add your existing members as users to your website. You can create an account and send them a password, or use a plugin like you mentioned with some sort of token (no recommendations on that).

If you adjust the prices manually on each date then I don’t think you need to create separate events for the groups. But you could do that if you wanted.

asmmotosport

July 22, 2013 at 3:35 pm

My main issue is that we accept 30 people per groups, so i dont know how to handle that other then creating events for each groups?
I still dont understant how to treat the 25$ membership charge (per day, or 45 for the year)
Thanks in advance!

Garth

• Support Staff

July 22, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Sorry for not catching the part where you need three groups of thirty. You are correct, if you want to limit the number users to each group, you’d want to create three separate events – one for each group.

You can use the Multiple Event Registration addon (https://eventespresso.com/product/espresso-multiple/) so people can register for multiple groups if you need to give that option.

I don’t have an answer for you to charge the membership other than with a separate ticket with that price included. But Event Espresso doesn’t create WordPress users when they register for an event so you’d still need to manage that process with a separate plugin like s2member.

The support post ‘1 event, 3 groupes, 3 different prices according by date, 2 different supplement’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso