Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 1 click upgrades? Site License input?

1 click upgrades? Site License input?

Posted: July 20, 2012 at 3:08 am

Viewing 11 reply threads

kdavis1

July 20, 2012 at 3:08 am

Hello,

I cannot find any place on the “Event Espresso > General Settings” page to input my site license. I also cannot find 1 click upgrade. I currently have 3.1.21.P installed. Please advise as to where the license key input is or what I need to do so my current license is active and 1 click upgrade is working.

Thanks.

Josh

• Support Staff

July 20, 2012 at 8:47 am

You’ll need to manually update to the latest version as Event Espresso version 3.1.21.P does not have the 1-click update feature. The links to download Event Espresso and the add-ons are available on your account page, and here are step by step upgrade instructions: https://eventespresso.com/wiki/updating-event-espresso/

Garth

• Support Staff

July 20, 2012 at 9:24 am

As a reference for anyone else, automatic upgrades are available in Event Espresso version 3.1.24 and above.

ktcsandiego

July 20, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I have modifications to EE CSS atributes. These are not direct modifications to the actual EE CSS files, but over-rides plugged into the Themes CSS, such as:

.event_espresso_form_wrapper p.coupon_code input,
.event_espresso_form_wrapper p#groupon_code- input {
    width: 200px;
    background: #FBFFF7;
    border-top: 1px solid #989898;
    border-left: 1px solid #989898;
        border-right: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
        border-bottom: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
        font-weight: bold;
        color: #400101;
}

My question is, when I update and am at the same time upgrading from personal to business, have any of these attributes changed or will my CSS mods still be valid.

Again, the modifications aren’t in the EE CSS file, so my CSS mods will not be overwritten by the update.

Thanks!

Josh

• Support Staff

July 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Those CSS modifications should work fine after updating.

ktcsandiego

July 20, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Well there are many more than just those, so to ask differently, have any of the previous attributes been deprecated?

Roger

July 21, 2012 at 5:44 am

I have the latest version of EE (3.1.24.3.P) and am STILL not able to do the one-click updates. I had hoped the problem would go away when I updated manually to 3.1.24.3.P a week or two ago, but the problem still persists.

And the top of my WP Updates page has the message “You have the correct Site License Key for Event Espresso but your current membership access only allows for automatic upgrades on one domain. Please log into your account to manage your Site License Keys or purchase a support license now.”

I have deleted all previous versions of EE in my plugins folder, so I know there’s no conflict there. And I tried the trick suggested in another thread of deleting my site license key saving the settings, and re-entering the site license key.

EE works fine when I do that, but I still do not have one-click update capability.

Chris Reynolds

• Support Staff

July 21, 2012 at 9:55 am

@ktcsandiego

Well there are many more than just those, so to ask differently, have any of the previous attributes been deprecated?

The CSS classes and IDs have not changed (and are not likely to). We may add new classes and/or IDs but, at least as long as we’re in the current 3.1.x branch, there won’t be any updates that will break any custom CSS you have added. Because 3.2 is such a major update to the display of events, there may be classes and/or IDs that change in that version, but we’ll release a developer beta early so people can start working on converting their templates.

@Roger
Are you still using EE on your sandbox subdomain? If so, that might be the problem & we may need to reset your key in that case.

Roger

July 21, 2012 at 10:58 am

Yes, I am still using EE in my sandbox subdomain and have not yet launched the main site. Nothing has changed in that regard. What do we need to do to reset the key?
And speaking of the sandbox, when I do launch the main site (probably next month), will I need to purchase a separate EE license for it? I will want to maintain EE on both the main site and the sandbox so that I can test EE updates on the sandbox before implementing them on the main site.

Chris Reynolds

• Support Staff

July 21, 2012 at 1:40 pm

If you want to have automatic updates on both the sandbox site and the live site then, yes, you will need to purchase a separate EE license for it. I’ve reset your key, so try clearing it out of your General Settings, saving, and then entering it in again and save and see if that makes that message go away.

Roger

July 21, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Chris,
Thanks much. That did the trick re: automatic updating.
New issue, though, related to 3.1.25.P…
In the previous versions of EE, if a user was logged in on the site and tried to register for an event, EE automatically filled in the registration form First Name, Last Name, and Email fields with their user info. It stopped doing so when I updated to 3.1.25.P. And I know it was working in 3.1.23.P.
Any ideas? Would you like me to start another topic thread on this?

Chris Reynolds

• Support Staff

July 21, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Probably start another topic since we’ve veered off into new territory 🙂

Viewing 11 reply threads

The support post ‘1 click upgrades? Site License input?’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso