Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 1 click update

1 click update

Posted: July 31, 2012 at 9:42 am

cmcclain

July 31, 2012 at 9:42 am

I am unable to use the one click update (Don’t even see an option) or update inside WordPress. I have to download the file then upload it to my site via FTP in order to update. I’m not sure if my site license needs reset (saaa-national.org) or if there is something else I’m missing. I copy and pasted my site licence into EE on the general settings page, but I still receive errors that the download has failed. Please let me know what other information you may need to help solve this issue.

Josh

• Support Staff

July 31, 2012 at 9:57 am

Do you have any older versions of Event Espresso installed on the server? Please see this post for more tips:
https://eventespresso.com/topic/plugin-auto-update-tips/

cmcclain

July 31, 2012 at 10:05 am

Here is what I have on the server…
Event Espresso 3.1.25.P
Event Espresso – Calendar 2.0.3 (is not working at this time)
Event Espresso – Groupons Addon 1.5.2
Event Espresso – MailChimp Integration 1.0.4
Event Espresso – Members Addon 1.9.3 (is what I’m trying to update to 1.9.4)
Event Espresso – Multi Event Registration – 1.0.4
Event Espresso – Permissions 1.5.1
Event Espresso – Recurring events 1.1.7
Event Espresso – social media 1.1.4
Event Espresso – SSL/HTTPS 1.0
Event Espresso – Ticketing 2.0.6-beta

cmcclain

July 31, 2012 at 10:08 am

Just noticed that my site licence is now “Not Active”… I was going to see about resetting it, but didn’t want to pay $10 to re licence so I did not complete the transaction.

Josh

• Support Staff

July 31, 2012 at 10:27 am

I saw the reset pending, so I reset the key for you. Try re-entering the license key and saving.

cmcclain

July 31, 2012 at 10:34 am

Thanks Josh… I’m in the middle of re installing all EE stuff. I thought maybe due to the length of time I’ve been running EE I could have missed some files or something during the recent updates. So I’ve deleted all EE addons and EE it’s self, and also the espresso folder out of the upload directory. EE is installing now, so I will update new key and try again. I’ll post back if I still have issues with updates, and start a new thread is calendar is still not working.

cmcclain

July 31, 2012 at 11:07 am

Okay, So after all that, this is the warning message I get now…
“You have the correct Site License Key for Espresso Groupon but your current membership access only allows for automatic upgrades on one domain. Please log into your account to manage your Site License Keys or purchase a support license now.”
I have a MU site, but only use EE on the main site (saaa-national.org) which is where I’m logged in. Any idea why I would be getting this?
Also after I installed everything throw WordPress, I have an “Update”, but nothing is listed for updates. It goes away if I uninstall EE. Any more help would be great. Thanks!

Josh

• Support Staff

July 31, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I’ll reset the key again since you’ve reinstalled. Try setting the license key after I reset it.

cmcclain

July 31, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Okay, I have deleted the key from the general setting page and saved. I will wait to hear back from you before I paste a key back into the field.
Thanks

Josh

• Support Staff

July 31, 2012 at 2:40 pm

It should be good to go.

cmcclain

July 31, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Even though on my EE homepage, it still shows “Not Active”??

Josh

• Support Staff

July 31, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Have you re-entered the key in the general settings and saved?

cmcclain

July 31, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Yea… Sorry must have switched over too quick. It now shows active.

The support post ‘1 click update’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso