Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 2 errors when trying to update plugin files…

2 errors when trying to update plugin files…

Posted: August 26, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Vantage Websites

August 26, 2015 at 4:41 pm

hi there, just reactivated my account with EE, and I have some updates available. I have tried to upload two newer versions of my downloads (espresso-calendar and custom-templates). I am receiving the following errors when trying to upload both of these:

Espresso-calendar
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class EE_Calendar in /home/vantagewebsites/public_html/bestpaintingparties.com/wp-content/plugins/espresso-calendar/espresso-calendar.php on line 47

Custom_templates
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare espresso_custom_template_output() (previously declared in /home/vantagewebsites/public_html/bestpaintingparties.com/wp-content/plugins/espresso-custom-templates/index.php:27) in /home/vantagewebsites/public_html/bestpaintingparties.com/wp-content/plugins/custom-templates/index.php on line 34

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Tony

• Support Staff

August 27, 2015 at 5:32 am

Hi there,

Those errors basically mean you have 2 versions of the same thing.

For example this error:

/wp-content/plugins/espresso-custom-templates/index.php:27) in
/wp-content/plugins/custom-templates/index.php on line 34

The index.php file within espresso-custom-templates and custom-templates are both trying to declare the function espresso_custom_template_output()

Did you have custom templates created?

The calendar is very likely the same issue, have you have custom development work done on the calendar?

When you updated how did you update? Manually via FTP or via the Plugins menu?

Vantage Websites

August 27, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Hi, I did it via FTP instead of via wordpress admin, and it worked just fine. Thank you for your help very much.

Dean

August 28, 2015 at 4:28 am

Hi,

Anything else we can help with regarding this topic or may we mark this as resolved?

Vantage Websites

August 28, 2015 at 11:15 am

resolved 100%, thanks.

The support post ‘2 errors when trying to update plugin files…’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso